Wednesday, May 22, 2013

29

29 degrees in Osaka today. Which means that summer has arrived, and I'll start bringing two or three t-shirts to work every morning just to stay presentable. 

In other news, our illustrious so-very-much-want-to-go-national mayor Hashimoto has been more controversial than usual lately; and, I suspect, more controversial than he planned for. He has a history of doing controversial things whenever he or his party is starting to slip from the media spotlight. I don't think he completely misrepresents what he really thinks but I suspect that he was making the statement in an offensive manner on purpose, and was completely unprepared for the magnitude of the reaction.

I really love Osaka. I like the city and I like the people. But we could do without the summer heat wave. And we could do without mayor Hashimoto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. Be nice. I no longer allow anonymous posts to reduce the spam.