Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter

I've been posting very rarely lately; I apologize for that. Got a dozen half-written posts that I never found the energy to finish. I've mostly neglected the books I'm in the middle of reading and I haven't baked anything for the past couple of months. Haven't taken much interest in photography either, lately. This listlessness will eventually pass, though, and I will pick up this blog and my other interests again.

But I haven't been completely inactive. Here's some winter shots of Osaka, using the new Kodak Portra 400 film and the Rollei 35. It's been a grey, depressing and bone-achingly chilly winter. This week has been worse than most. But perhaps the spring is no longer so far off.

Wait
Waiting for spring. Umeda, Osaka.

Daimaru
Yellow Gingko leaves along Midōsuji boulevard. Beautiful in a way, but wet and chilly.

Rough
Cold, miserable rain. Perfect time for a coffee break. Nagai, Osaka.

Nails Done While Waiting
Nail salon, JR Umeda.

JR Umeda
JR Umeda station. The sun and the warmth will return.


Bonus giraffes:

Giraffexcavator
Giraffexcavator in Umeda.

Giraffe
Giraffe mural on a parking tower corner overlooking a school in Minami Senba, Osaka.


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @oilyfanten, yes, Ginkgo trees are pretty spectacular. Midosuji street is great, and Osaka castle park is dazzling in autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away. Be nice. I no longer allow anonymous posts to reduce the spam.