Saturday, June 18, 2011

My Work Done, It is Time to Relax

One of the main jobs of the tutors at OCNC was to give afternoon tutorials on various simulation software; general tools like Python and Matlab as well as specialized packages such as NEURON and Nest. The students use those software packages for their own projects so the tutorials have all been crammed into the first week.

Preparing and holding the tutorials have eaten up a lot of time, but now they're all done and life here is settling down a little bit. We are of course helping the students with their projects but now there's time again for some of our regular work. I've poked at my simulation code for the first time in a week, and a few of us found time to go to nearby Maeda point for a bit of snorkeling. I have to get fins and a good underwater camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. Be nice. I no longer allow anonymous posts to reduce the spam.