Friday, June 24, 2011

Cooped Up

We're coming up to the end of the second week at OCNC, and I'm starting to feel a little cooped up. We spend every day in the same building, with the same people, working, discussing and going to lectures. It's a beautiful building and fascinating discussions, but after two weeks you do wish for a bit of change.

The food - buffet delivered from a nearby hotel - is excellent, but buffets can only be so varied. We're in a semi-rural area so there's really nowhere to walk and there's nowhere you can go without a car.

Most of all, though, I miss Ritsuko. Two weeks is a long time to be apart. I miss making dinner together, talking about our day in the evening, walking through Osaka on a weekend. Life is much better when she's around and I get unhappy when she is not.

Don't read this wrong; being here is immensely rewarding. I'm very happy that I get to spend these three weeks at the summer school. But I'm also happy that it's three weeks only, and that I'll be back in Osaka before long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away. Be nice. I no longer allow anonymous posts to reduce the spam.